If you’re planning an Iceland cruise for 2022 or 2023, you may work with a travel agent. We think that you can find incredible value by planning your Iceland cruise with an agent who focuses exclusively on Iceland.
A dozen or so companies offer Iceland circumnavigation cruises, that leave from Reykjavik and travel around all of Iceland. This list of companies includes Iceland ProCruises, Hurtigruten, Viking, Windstar, Crystal (well, not any more) and Aurora Expeditions. This is pretty unique to Iceland; a circumnavigation cruise wouldn’t work around Greenland, or Italy, or most other countries! But Iceland is an island, and it’s just the right size to make this work:
Planning your Iceland cruise with an Iceland Specialist
If your cruise spends most or all of it’s time in and around Iceland, we recommend you work with a travel agent who specializes in Iceland. Like us: Iceland is all we do! Here’s what we offer that no one else does (at least as far as we know.)
- Customized Excursion help. We will recommend which excursions are right for your group. And, if the answer is “none” for any day, we’ll make you a customized excursion! Don’t want to ride a bus all day? We’ll help you rent a car and explore for the day. Want to have a relaxing day exploring the town you’re in? We’ll make you custom waking tour, delivered to your smart phone. For free! Check out an example tour of Ísafjörður
- A free copy of our book, 100 Tips for Visiting Iceland.
- Free power adapters (if necessary)
- Custom advice for getting your cell phone working, based on your carrier and phone. (People in the EU now have roaming problems just like people in the US do!)
- A small bit of Icelandic cash sent to you before your trip (limited time offer!)
- Free pre- and post-tour land itinerary plans, if you’d like. You’ll only pay the actual cost of a tour or rental car. And we don’t take any commissions on land tours, so we can offer you unbiased advice. We plan your trip like we would plan our own!
Planning your Iceland cruise shore excursions
The options for shore excursions in Iceland can seem overwhelming. You may get a paragraph describing each option, at most. But you have no idea how long you may be in a bus, or whether the excursion is worthwhile.
We’ll work with you one on one to pick your Iceland cruise excursions. And if there’s nothing that sounds perfect, we’ll make an excursion for you!
We can help you rent a car in many towns in Iceland, and give you an itinerary. If you’re a fan of Icelandic thermal spas like the Blue Lagoon, you may want to go swim in the brand new Forest Lagoon, opening in spring of 2022 in North Iceland.
Or we can give you a sample tour to walk around Icelandic towns on your own, to explore the natural wonders of Iceland: volcanoes and puffins in the Westman Islands, or art exhibits and Icelandic craft stores in Seyðisfjörður and Djúpivogur.
If you book your cruise using Iceland Step by Step as your travel agent, all of the planning for your Iceland cruise short excursions is free. If you’re already book your cruise, we’re still happy to help you plan your excursions. Just fill out the form below and we’ll send you more information!
Booking your cruise with Iceland Step by Step
Iceland Step by Step is certified as an Iceland expert by both Inspired by Iceland and Travel Beyond the Obvious. We’re a member of INLUS, the Icelandic National League of the United States. We’ve written 3 books about Iceland. And we’re a travel agency with Travel Quest, which is part of Travel Leaders. Oh, and we’re also a member of CLIA, the Cruise Lines International Association. That’s a lot of logos!
We also took a cruise with Iceland ProCruises in the summer of 2021. Iceland ProCruises is co-owned by an Icelander, and we think it’s the best bargain in Iceland cruising. If you book an Iceland ProCruises cruise with us, you’ll get a $150 per person ship credit!
But we can help you plan a cruise around Iceland with many other companies too! And you’ll pau the same price you’d pay to book anywhere else; you get all of our expert Iceland advice for free!
Check out just some of the feedback we’ve received from our Iceland planning clients:
Matt and Cindy Zinn
Contact Iceland Step by Step to plan your cruise!
For a free consultation about your Iceland cruise vacation, you can book a time on our calendar. Or fill out the form below and we’ll respond with more information!